Do you know that in budget 2013, Malaysian government has announced a RM1,000.00 grant to help SMEs get online? It has allocated RM50 Million fund to help 50,000 micro entrepreneurs with priority given to the women entrepreneurs!
These are the Criteria You have to fulfill for the Grant:
1) Malaysian aged between 18 to 65 years old, priority given to women entrepreneurs
2) Registered business (sole proprietary, partnership or sdn bhd) or business license with SSM
3) Have a website domain with .com.my/.my/.net.my/.edu.my/.org.my and maintain an active website
4) Subscribed to broadband or a registered member of Pusat Internet 1Malaysia (PI1M)
5) Local Bank Account registered with your name / business name
6) Priority given to micro-entrepreneur (less than 10 full time workers and annual turnover less than RM 200,000).
Common Q&A (In reference to the official FAQs)
Q: What’s the deadline for the grant application?
Starts from 1st January 2013 to 31st December 2013 or as early as the RM50 Million is fully allocated to qualified applicants.
You can start applying online at the official site of SKMM (MCMC). Strictly one application per individual or company.
Q: How would the grant being disbursed?
Directly into your registered bank account with your own name or business name.
Q: How long would it take for my application to be processed?
Within 30 days.
Q: How do i check the status of my application?
Via online at http://gmbo.skmm.gov.my/Public/Check, Just keyin your IC number and Reference No
Q: Is there any contract or signed agreement between the successful applicants with SKMM (MCMC)?
Q: Any additional charges to apply for GMBO Grant?
Q: Do I need to report to SKMM on how the fund is being utilized?
No. SKMM (MCMC) will have continuous efforts and methods to trace the effectiveness of the program.
Q: If I have a facebook page or blogshop, do I qualify for this grant ?
A facebook page or blogshop will not qualify. You will need to have a website with a domain ended with (.com.my /.net.my/.org.my/.edu.my) or (.my) to market your business.
Any further enquiries ?
You can email to [email protected] or call them at 1-800-88-4040 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm). Take note the online application only operate from 7am to 11pm daily basis.
Official site at: