Finally, iOS 4.2 for iPad has come to a live with the features of Multitasking, Folder, a unified inbox and wireless printing. With the new release of iOS 4.2 to iPad, more than 100 new features has added and make your iPad become a total fresh and new device.
Many of the features in iOS 4.2 were already available for the latest versions of the iPhone and the iPod Touch but not for the iPad.
Apple said iPad users can now switch between applications instantly and run more than one at a time, playing a music program like Pandora, for example, while running another application.
Applications can now be organized into folders with a drag-and-drop feature.
Email features a unified inbox for users with more than one account while “Game Center” lets users of the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch play against friends or other opponents and discover games that others are playing.
A new feature called “AirPlay” streams music, video and photos wirelessly from the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch to a television set equipped with Apple TV, Apple’s TV set-top box.
“AirPrint” allows an iPad owner to wirelessly print documents or photos to AirPrint-enabled printers from US computer maker Hewlett-Packard.
Apple said Monday that 40,000 applications have been created for the iPad and 300,000 for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)