Ultra Defrag is a free and open source defragmentation tool for Microsoft Window Platform. With Ultra Defrag, you may run it with the very fast speed because the defragmenting process is done by the kernel-mode driver which has an optimal defraging algorithm.
Besides that, the application also capably to run at the boot up time which some how similar to the chkdsk command in the DOS prompt. With this ability, it save the defragmentation time and also able to defrag all file including the system files.
In addition, you are also allow to only defrag single file or directory, or even a list of selected file.
Ultra Defrag features:
- Very fast defragmentation
- Single File or Directory defragmentation ability. Select any File or Folder in Explorer and choose the appropriate context menu item to defragment them.
- Very small engine written in pure C.
- PortableDefrag can be installed on demand which can be carried around in USB storage devices and used without any installation.
- Simple to use.
- Set program’s filter to exclude unwanted files and folders from the analysis.
- Ability to generate html reports of fragmentation status.
- Ability to include/exclude files based on simple filters.
- Many GUI translations were made:
- Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Slovak, Slovenian, Czech, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish (AR)
- Scripting support for boot time interface. Now you can do anything with your drives during the Windows Boot Process.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)