Vimeo has launched an update to its iPhone app, and this is much more than just an update. In fact, you could say that the Vimeo iPhone app has been re-imagined from top to bottom, creating what amounts to a brand new app. If you’ve found previous versions of Vimeo confusing and cluttered, the new version has finally gone for the traditional tabbed interface we’ve come to know and love, thus creating a browsing experience that should be much more intuitive.
Aside from interface, the new app can still do everything the old Vimeo could – you can shoot videos or upload videos from your camera reel, browse other videos, comment, like, etc. The new app adds better sharing integration, with easy sharing on Facebook, Twitter, email, iMessage, or via a link. You can also set automatic sharing for every video you upload, and continue watching other videos while your video is uploading.
The new tabbed interface includes the new Feed option, the Explore tab, and your Watch Later queue, which you can also manage as you wish. While the new version of the app claims to be available for both iPhone and iPad, the new interface is notably missing from the iPad, which, upon downloading the new app, still features the old, somewhat cluttered Vimeo interface.
You can download the new Vimeo for iPhone from the App Store. Please do share you thinking after the use.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)