Have you ever sent a wrong message to a friend or group chat on WhatsApp? These embarrassing mistakes will be history soon, as WhatsApp is rolling out a feature that allows you to delete specific messages in a chat within seven minutes.
Deleting messages for everyone allows you to delete specific messages you have sent to either a group or an individual chat. This is particularly useful if you sent a message to the wrong chat or if the message you sent contains a mistake.
Messages you successfully delete for everyone will be replaced with “This message was deleted” in your recipients’ chats (*). Similarly, if you see “This message was deleted” in a chat, it means that the sender deleted their message for everyone.
You can only delete messages for everyone for up to seven minutes after sending. Once seven minutes have passed, there is no way to delete messages for everyone.
The option to delete message can be accessed by tapping and holding the message > choose delete from the menu. You also can select multiple messages to delete at once. For this feature to work, everyone in the group chat or the recipient must be using the latest version of WhatsApp on Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)