Getting a call came in this morning while I working in office, and I just pick up the phone as usual, the number is so easy to remember, which is 03-21788888, on the other end of the phone just play the conversation some sort like
This is AmBank Credit Card center. We have detected a pending transaction of RM3800 in your account. Please press 1 to confirm transaction. Press 2 to talk with our customer service or press 9 to repeat.
I never apply any AmBank credit card before, even never submit any application than I can 100% confirm that this is the fraud call from someone, so just try to play with it by pressing the number 9 hope to speak with someone in the phone. But when I press it, there is a guy speaking said that this is a AmBank call center bla bla bla, without wait me to speak anything, it hang up my phone.
Than try to Google the incoming call number and found out there are a lot of forum post, blog regarding the case which happen to me.
So just share my experience out here and hopefully everyone are alert about this kind of case.
The following are some of the link that I found online which discuss about this topic
Just found on on the newspaper regarding the case for the “03-2178 8888”.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)