Bulk Rename Utility is an easy to use file rename program (a.k.a. file renamer). Renaming multiple files has never been easier! It has a small memory footprint so it can be left running all the time without consuming all your memory. It started as a freeware Visual Basic tool, but as its popularity has grown it has been completely rewritten in C++ to be robust and lightweight – and very, very fast! It can easily handle folders/discs containing well over 100,000 entries… and it can batch rename 1,000s of files in seconds.
The software is freeware and gets downloaded very frequently. It has a large base of regular users. Most of the features have originated from other users’ suggestions. As such, it is continually being enhanced and improved.
As well as being “recommended” by a number of web sites, Bulk Rename Utility has also appeared on many magazine cover-discs, from Brazil to Sweden.
Some of the features provided by Bulk Rename Utility include:
- Rename files, folders or both
- Remove, add or change text in the file names
- Perform text substitution
- Change the case of file names
- Remove characters or words
- Remove digits or symbols
- Append or prepend text to file names
- Append dates in many formats
- Append the parent folder’s name
- Auto-number files with flexible rules
- Automatically preview the new names
- Sort the file details by any column
- Group configurations into “favorites”
- “Bulk Rename Here” Windows Explorer extension
- Directory recursion – process sub-directories too!
- Regular Expressions support
- Rename files from an input text-file list
- Create an “Undo” batch file
- Log activity to a log file
- Change file and folder date/timestamps (created, modified, accessed)
- Change file/folder attributes (hidden, read-only, archived)
- All settings retained between sessions
- Available in 32-bit and 64-bit
- Rename photos using EXIF metadata (i.e. “Date Picture Taken”, “Resolution” and other information embedded in all JPG photo files)
- Rename MP3 files using ID3 tags (a.k.a. MP3 ID3 tag renaming).
- Command line support ***
In addition to Bulk Rename Utility, it also provide the Bulk Rename Command. Bulk Rename Command is a lightweight, fully-compiled executable file contains many of the features of Bulk Rename Utility, but it is designed to be run from a command line. It is perfect for inclusion in batch files, login scripts, or scheduled jobs. The application is controlled entirely via program arguments, with no use made of .INI files or the Windows Registry.
Click here to download