Cyber999 is a service offered by MyCERT (Malaysian Computer Emergency Response Team, it was formed on 13 Jan 1997; MyCERT is one of the service provided by the Malaysia Cyber Security) to handle security issues or incidents faced by computer/internet users within Malaysia.
MyCERT are working closely with the relevant law cnforcement agencies such as Royal Malaysian Police, Securities commision, Malaysia Central Bank and also the Internet Service Providers (ISP), other local CERTs and Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRT).
The main purpose for Cyber999 is to provide the point of contact for reporting the Internet Security Incidents such as Intrusion, Denial of Service (DoS), Hack Threat, Harassment, Fraud, Spam, and also Milicious Code.
The main role of Cyber999 is to help the Internet/Computer user to analyse, detect the incidents faced and try to help them to recover it or provide the prevention solution to solve the issue. If there is a necessary, then they will escalating the issue to the third-parties, such as the Law Enforcement Agencies to follow up.
You may also found the early warning on some suspicious virus or vulnerabilities, besides that, you may also found the statistic on the cyber incident that occur and being reported in Malaysia.
What are the core function of Cyber999 in Malaysia?
The core function of Cyber999 in Malaysia are as below:
- Analyse, detect and contain incidents faced by computer/internet users from further propagating.
- Provide recovery and eradication steps to recover from the incidents.
- Provide preventive measures in order to prevent from future incidents.
- Provide fixes, patches, upgrades information for to secure users computers.
- Provide post-incident follow ups with the complainants.
- Assist in communicating/escalating users reports to third-parties, i.e Law Enforcement Agencies for further investigation, if necessary.
What can be report to Cyber999?
All the below incident happen also can report to Cyber999 such as:
- Denial of Service
- Hack Threat
- Fraud (Including the credit card or online banking fraud)
- Malicious Code
How to report an Incident occur?
There are few ways to report the Incident such as:
- Web Porting – http://www.mycert.org.my/report_incidents/online_form.html
- Telephone – +603-8992 6969
- Handphone – +6019-266 5850
- SMS – +6019-281 3801
- Fax – +603-8945 3442
- Email – [email protected]
Click here to go to Cyber999