Google Labs has just releasing the new experimental features that help the user to enhance the usage of Gmail experience. Thanks for the Google Gears, there are a lot of Google features supporting for the offline mode.
The new release beta “Offline Gmail” are available for the Gmail user to test it out. Now you may access your Gmail while you are not connected to the Internet.
Once you turn on this feature, Gmail uses Gears to download a local cache of your mail. As long as you’re connected to the network, that cache is synchronized with Gmail’s servers.
When not connected to the Internet, you can simply point your browser to gmail.com and have access to your emails and be able to edit, read, and even write emails but they will not send until the user connects back to the Internet.
How to enabled Gmail offline?
- Login to your Gmail account
- Click on the Settings or Google Lab logo on the top right
- Select enable offline gmail
- Save the change
- After reload the page, you should see new “Offline 0.1” link
- To browse in offline, simply click that link.
* To use the gmail offline, you need to install the Google Gear in advance