Google Play hit another milestone yesterday when it crossed 25 billion downloads. Considering that it hit 10 billion downloads about 9 months ago, there is every reason for Google to celebrate this joyous moment. Hence, Google will be offering a collection of apps from some of the world’s top developers for just 25 cents each. The list for today includes:
- Angry Birds Space Premium
- The Cat in the Hat – Dr. Seuss
- Office Suite 6+ (PDF &HD)
- Granny Smith
- runtastic PRO
- Asphalt 7: Heat
- Ocean HD
- Draw Something
- Clouds & Sheep Premium
- Let’s Create! Pottery
- NFL Kicker 13
- Symphony of Eternity
According to Google, top publishers such as Gameloft and Electronic Arts have signed up to participate in this promotion. Therefore, you can expect more attractive apps in the next four days. In addition, Google also mentioned that the Play Store has about 675,000 apps. This is an increase of 275,000 apps from the start of the year.
App discount is nothing new for Google as it has embarked on similar occasions in the past. It hosted a “10 Billion Downloads” promotion last December that offered 10 premium apps at 10 cents each for 10 days, when Android Market crossed 10 billion downloads.
In March 2012, Google replaced Android Market and brought its entertainment services under a single banner, Google Play. It also offered apps for 49 cents each in a “7 Days to Play” sale. When summer season came in June, Google kicked off a one-day summer sale of apps at US$0.99.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)