Google getting more focus on their office product – Google Docs/Google Drive where they just acquired Quickoffice, a leader in office productivity solutions.
The announcement makes by Alan Warren, Engineering Director from Google in the Google official blog and said
“Today, consumers, businesses and schools use Google Apps to get stuff done from anywhere, with anyone and on any device. Quickoffice has an established track record of enabling seamless interoperability with popular file formats, and we’ll be working on bringing their powerful technology to our Apps product suite.
Quickoffice has a strong base of users, and we look forward to supporting them while we work on an even more seamless, intuitive and integrated experience.
We’re excited to welcome the Quickoffice team and their users to Google.”
Besides that, Alan Masarek, Co-Founder and CEO from Quickoffice also post an announcement on Quickoffice home page to announce the joining of Quickoffice with Google
“We are now part of the Google family and will combining the magic of Google’s intuitive solution with their product to make it more flexible to use and share it anytime at anywhere.”
By the combination of these two great companies, we as a consumer are looking for better and greater product which can compete head-to-head with Microsoft Office.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)