How to update your Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch over the air
Apple iOS 5.0 or later supports “Over-The-Air” (OTA) software update that you no longer need to download few hundreds MB installation file using iTunes.
In this article, you will learn how to install iOS software update directly from your iDevice (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) with small download size.
- Make sure your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch has iOS 5.0 or later installed.
- On your iDevice, goto Settings > General > Software Update
- If iOS update available, you will see the new iOS version and the download size and what’s new about the update.
- Tap on “Download and Install” to install new iOS over-the-air onto your iDevice.
- Download will start and install and restart your iDevice.
- Done! Now you have latest iOS version!
Note: Apple iOS OTA software update only works when your iDevice is connected to WiFi, it won’t download software update if you are using mobile connection like 3G network.