If you are looking for any light, syntax highlight, simple yet useful text editor for your programming, then you should have a look on the Notepad2.
Notepad2 is open-source Notepad like application for Microsoft Windows, which released under the BSD software license.
Notepad2 is develop by Florian Balmer using the Scintilla editor component, and was first publicly released in April 2004. Balmer based Notepad2 on the principle of Microsoft Notepad: small, fast and usable.
Not only that, Notepad2 also including the Auto indentation, Bracket matching, encoding conversion between ASCII, UTF-8 and UTF-16 formats. In addition, it also include the features of Newline conversion, between DOS (CR/LF), Unix (LF) and Mac (CR) formats. Last but not lease, the regular expression based find and replace also including in Notepad2
Click here to download notepad 2 binary file
Click here to download notepad2 source code
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)