Micorosoft has start their work to step into the world of blog. They had annouce thier first open source blog engine call Oxite. Currently it still under the Alpha Vesion.
What is Oxite?
First of all, Oxite is a blog engine that build base on the ASP.NET MVC Framework(Model View Controller) and it is “an open source, standards compliant, and highly extensible content management platform that can run anything from blogs to big web sites.”
It’s not a competitor to WordPress, MovableType, Drupal, or any other completed blogging front end or CMS. It’s not meant to be any of those. It’s meant to be a code sample, a foundation, a building block for those looking to create something like WordPress for their own sites. According to Jeff Sandquist of Channel 8, 9, 10, and MIX Online fame, “it is a developer sample. period.”
There are 3 goals for Microsoft to develope the Oxite as their first open source blogging engine:
- To exist as the base for blogging site
- To provide a sample of ‘core blog functionality’ in reusable fashion. It is the show case for the developer how the basic functionality of the blog are implement(such the the trackbacks, rss, comments and so on)
- To provide the real-world code written using ASP.NET MVC that produces both valid and semantically correct markup
I believe there are still a very long way for Oxite to going through before it can actaully take over other blogging engine such as wordpress, MovableType, Drupal and other. This is because other blog engine has been so well know and establish by the user. Besides that the blogging engine tools, information and tips are so much after the long release of their blogging engine.
If you are interested on the new product from Microsoft, you may click here to view in more detail. You may also download Oxite from the Codeplex as available as a Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL). It includes the full version of the MIX Online website so that you can learn from a real example..
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)