11 March 2012 – Telekom Malaysia announced revenue growth of 4.1% to RM 9.15 million. The growth was contributed by the Internet and Multimedia section – primarily UniFi, TM’s high-speed broadband service. The total Profit After Tax And Minority Interest (PATAMI) was RM1.10billion in line with the same period in 2011.
During the press conference, Dato’ Sri Zam commented that “UniFi continued to perform above our expectations in the 4th quarter of 2011. In terms of coverage, we have rolled out to 1.16 million premises covering 78 exchanges. In terms of take up, we have activated 236,501 customers, which represent a net addition of 43.9% or 72,000 customers QoQ.”
TM has now expanded their services to 1,179,000 premises covering 79 exchange areas. Together with Streamyx, their broadband customer base grew by 12.3% from 1.17million in 2010 to 1.92million in 2011.
Within the report, TM claimed that they will be positioning themselves into BPO (Business Process Outsourcing). The company will focus on their transformation into an ICT (Information and Communications Technologies) and BPO Powerhouse.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)