Coming to the end of year 2012 and this is the 11th for the search engine giant – Google. Google had announce a live of “What the world searched for in 2011” in the Google Zeitgeist report 2011.
According to Google, of the billions of searches performed in 2011 search trends emerged with YouTube sensation Rebecca Black (termed as web celebrity by Google) claimed the top spot as fastest-rising search term globally. Google+ and Ryan Dunn (Jackass star who died in a car crash this summer) claimed the second and third spot respectively.
Google categories the report by Global, Region, and country. The report data show the top 10 searched in many categories such as sports, entertainment, news, place, food and drink, people, consumer electronics.
The following list show the fastest rising keyword search in the global level:
- Rebecca Black
- Ryan Dunn
- Casey Anthony
- Battlefield 3
- iPhone 5
- TEPCO (Japanese electric utility company)
- Steve Jobs
Whereas in Malaysia, the top searched people list as per following
- Bruno Mars
- Hana Tajima
- Cikgu Shida
- Avril Lavigne
- Anwar Ibrahim
- Fatin Liyana
- Justin Bieber
- Ustaz Kazim
- Hanis Zalikha
Here is the video compilation of the most popular searches:
For more detail summary on the Google top 10 search in year 2011, you may refer to their Google Zeitgeist 2011 web site.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)