Picasa now allow you to upload the photo in the new way by using email. You may get your photo on your Picasa web album by just sending the photo to to a secret email address, especially useful when you try to upload the photo from your mobile device.
This allows you to stream and caption photos on-the-go.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Picasa account
- Click on the Settings link on the top-right corner
- On the General tabs, go to “Upload photos by email” section and check the “Allow me to upload photos by email.”
- Enter the “secret word” with lenght between 6-15 characters. As you enter this word, an email address appears.
- Click the “Save Change” button
- Upload your email by attach them to an email message and send it to the newly-created address
Use the email ‘Subject‘ line to add captions or to include the photos in a specific album. If the email ‘Subject’ line matches an existing online album title, your photos will be uploaded to that album. Otherwise the ‘Subject’ line will instead be added as a caption and the photos will be placed in the Drop Box album.
Take note that you can only attach up to 20 MB of photos in JPG, GIF and PNG formats.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)