Viber, one of the free mobile messaging in Mobile platform had release their latest version 3.0 for Andriod as well as iOS mobile user, come together with the release, they also announce the newly launched Viber Desktop application for PC and Mac Users.
In a media release, the company said that Viber Desktop and the latest versions of the Viber app were designed from the ground up for individuals using Viber on multiple devices, so they can always use the app that’s right for them, whether at home, in school, at the office, or on the go.
Key highlights of the new mobile app versions include:
- Video messages
- New stickers
- Last online status
- Enhanced photo experience
- Performance improvements
- New voice engine
- Android version security fix
- Support for eight new languages and 20 languages overall. Supported languages include: Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
Some of the key combined features(Viber Desktop and Mobile apps) include:
- Seamlessly transfer calls between Viber Desktop and the Viber app with one click or tap
- Received and Sent messages are shown on all devices, but will only “beep” on the device you are currently using
- Messages and conversations you delete from one device will be removed from all devices
- On top of this, Viber Desktop is Viber’s first application to offer video calls. With this new beta feature, users can now make desktop-to-desktop video calls to other Viber users.
Check out the new Viber Desktop for PC & Mac introduction video below:
Viber offers free calls and messages between its users via Internet connection. The app is free to use and can be downloaded from Viber.com.
The company also announced that it now has over 200 million users across the various platforms that it supports including Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry and others.