The e-commerce division of WorldPay, a global provider of payment and risk services, has processed more than 257 million online transactions in H1 2013.
According to the company, online transactions have reached a record rate of 320 transactions per second. Alternative payment transactions have been a strong driver of growth, with the value of payments processed increasing by 46 percent in H1 2013 compared to the same period in 2012. The business is confident that it can deliver 20 percent growth in 2013, with alternative payments growing the fastest.
In 2013, WorldPay has signed a number of customer deals including:
- JustGiving, a UK-based online giving platform to provide global payment processing support;
- Playtox, a provider of mobile browser games in Russia, to provide gateway and acquiring services, with a specific focus on alternative payment acceptance;
- Secret Escapes, a luxury travel deals experts, to provide global payment processing services and alternative payment acceptance;
- Skype, the communications software division of Microsoft further expanded its relationship with WorldPay to enable Skype to accept QIWI Wallet Payments to improve local payment offerings in Russia;
- MetroPlay, the newly launched urban mobile gaming destination, to provide payment processing, depositing and risk capabilities services;
- Infernum Productions, an international publisher and operator of online games, to handle online payments on a global scale for Infernum’s new game, Dragon’s Prophet;
- Kobo, a global leader in eReading, implemented RiskGuardian, to protect against fraudulent transactions and resulting chargebacks as the company continues to expand into the US market.
WorldPay has more than 200 national and international payment methods and operates in over 40 countries worldwide.
For more information about WorldPay, please check out a detailed profile of this company in our dedicated, industry-specific online companies database.