YouTube launched a new kind of channels for premium content: paid channels. The list includes 53 channels and the price is $1-7/month, depending on the channel.
There’s an offer that lets you subscribe to 7 channels for $10/month. The channels are from the Entertainment Studios Networks: Cars.TV, Comedy.TV, Pets.TV, Recipe.TV, MyDestination.TV, ES.TV, Justice Central.
There are many channels for kids, channels with fitness instructions, sports channels, movie channels, documentary channels and more. There’s even a channel for woodworkers. Most channels are available in the US and many are available in Canada and the UK.
“Starting today, we’re launching a pilot program for a small group of partners that will offer paid channels on YouTube with subscription fees starting at $0.99 per month. Every channel has a 14-day free trial, and many offer discounted yearly rates. For example, Sesame Street will be offering full episodes on their paid channel when it launches,” informs YouTube.
You can buy movies and TV shows, watch pay-per-view events and now subscribe to paid channels. There’s a lot of content that will make Google TV and Android tablets more useful, but it will be available on almost any smart device.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)